Monday, May 1, 2017

Monserrat!

Dear family and friends,

The first week in a new area! It´s always a challenge getting to know investigators, members, learning the streets and adresses and basically everything all over again! Even just the way of life of a new companion--favorite phrases, funny habits, etc.-- have to be learned again! I like it though.  My area is called Monserrat, it´s basically downtown Trujillo.  It´s by far the biggest area I´ve been in so far, and the nicest as well! The pensionista also volunteered to not give me rice (she knows North Americans by now!) so that´ll be a good little break haha!  My companion´s name is Elder Salazar, he´s from Lima, district Independencia.  He's a hard working, obedient missionary, so I'm super excited to work with him!  

There was an activity this week called "Capilla Abierta," or open chapel.  The public was invited to tour the church buildings, and the missionaries were really involved with the members in making it a success.  There were elders street contacting like crazy, others at a table getting everyone's name and address, while the sisters were assigned the stand-and-the-banners-and-teach position, along with many members.  The ward we did it for got about 25 referrals, and it was so fun to just go contact people in the street for a change! We don't do it very often here, weird as it sounds coming from a missionary.  I thought before my mission that I would do it every day, but we work mostly through references! But anyway, that was fun.

You'd think that in a transfer week there would be a million things to talk about, but I have no idea what else to say!

Oh yeah.  I'm pumped about the Jazz!! They'll probably get beat in 5 by the Warriors, but it's sweet anyway! Next year they're in the finals for sure! ;)

Love you lots, have a great week everyone!

Tanner

                                                                     Leaving Bellamar


































































No comments:

Post a Comment