Monday, April 24, 2017

Opposition

Dear family and friends,

I don't know how many of you actually read this letter, or if you do, remember what I said last week, but if not, here's a direct quote: 

"What a week! Things have honestly fallen into our laps, so to speak. when we least expected it and probably didn't even deserve it.  People just opening their doors and letting us in, investigators reading and changing and progressing, etc.  It´s actually really scary, because "it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things."  Who knows what kind of crazy things could be waiting this week haha..."

There was definitely some opposition this week!! Haha our investigators are dropping like flies, so to speak, we've dropped 6 or 7 this week that weren't progressing very much.  And the ones that were progressing aren't really progressing anymore.  It was kind of the opposite of last week, an unusual amount of people were rejecting us.  All is well though, challenges are the best. 

The week ended with a blow: I'm leaving Bellamar! I love the members here so much, it's always such a difficult thing leaving all the relationships made.  Transfers are an interesting experience.  You sit there on pins and needles with the phone always in reach, waiting nervously for a call.  In that call, there's a high possibility that the voice on the other end says, "Pack your bags and say goodbye to all your friends and acquaintances there, you're moving in 36 hours." Is there any other experience in life that relates to that!? There are probably lots of people that have similar situations that I'm just unaware of, but that's never happened in my life before the mission and I hope it never happens after! It's rough, definitely the hardest part of being a missionary.  I'm hoping it's the last time I'll have to do it, and that I can just stay in Monserrate, Trujillo (my new area) for the rest of my mission.  4.5 transfers, so we'll see...

All that being said, however, it just makes you so grateful for the things you know.  For example, I was fascinated this week by Alma 42.  There are so many deep things there that I don't understand yet, but I'm so grateful for the knowledge of the Savior's atoning sacrifice! That was the only possible thing that could have worked; the only way to satisfy justice, overcome physical death, and still give fallen man the chance to conquer spiritual death through a period of probation, agency, repentance, and mercy.  He did it!! Death is conquered, man is free, Christ has won the victory! That knowledge puts my little bitty problems and sadness in perspective.  Again, how great the importance to make these things known to the inhabitants of the earth! 

I'll definitely miss Bellamar, Elder McMillan, and all the good memories made here.  But I know that many good things await in Monserrate! Love you all tons and hope you have a great week! Go Jazz!

Elder Tanner Hart





















No comments:

Post a Comment