Monday, May 8, 2017

Football (The real kind)

Dear family and friends, 

We had a sweet P-Day today! We hiked this sand dune in a place called Salaverry, it´s a little port town on the beach.  It was a fun little climb that definitely killed my legs a lot more than I thought it would.  It was straight sand!! It was fun though, we borrowed a football from one of the missionaries in another zone and threw it around with some of the missionaries.  That was probably the best part of all! It feels good to play that kind of football for a change! We also ate Papa John's delivery, which was a plus.

Elder Salazar and I realized the first week I got here that we didn´t really have any investigators that could progress towards baptism in May or June.  So we pretty muched wiped them all out and started over! We hit it hard and found 15 new investigators this week, many of which have potential to progress! We'll see what happens...

Also, I started my Brazilian visa this week! I mean, it doesn't really mean anything, cause I guess Brazilian visas take a pretty long time to go through, but it was still an interesting feeling! As I was doing that, Elder Salazar was at the dentist learning that he had three wisdom teeth that have grown into the bone somehow.  So he has a possible operation coming up, which sounds quite painful to me.

I continue to study all the references to Jesus Christ, this week I hit his postmortal appearances and ascencion.  He really lives; he actually, physically, literally resurrected and ascended to heaven!  He appeared to the Nephites on the American continent, then appeared to the boy Joseph Smith to restore His church! That strong belief in things unseen motivates me to act and spread His teachings! I know He lives and love serving Him as a full time missionary!

Have a great week!

Elder Tanner Hart




No comments:

Post a Comment