Monday, February 15, 2016

February 15, 2016

What´s up everyone! I just wanted to say first of all thank you all so much for the emails that you send! I may not respond to all of them individualy (it´s super hard with the time and the sketchy internet!) but I promise I read them all, then take pictures so I can read them again in our room! I really appreciate all of the updates and love and support!  Now on to the week here in Chimbote! Actually the best thing that happened this week was that we got to go to Lima to pick up something for our visas! We bussed to Trujillo on Thursday night, flew to Lima on Friday, spent the day in Lima, then came back Saturday.  Literally the best part of the whole thing was that we got to eat Papa John´s for lunch! But Elder Chapman and I were craving Burger King and McDonald´s too...so we went there too, duh! Man it felt so good to eat American food. SO GOOD! It was a good little vacation haha.  The rest of the week has been solid! Just findin people to teach and teachin em! We picked up about 4 or 5 new investigators this week that we hope will be able to make it to baptism, so we´re praying for that!! The Spanish is still coming! I can´t notice my progress, but I look back to three or four weeks ago and realize that I´ve come a pretty long way in a month! So that´s always good to see. 
I learned something really cool in my personal study this week.  I was reading in Mosiah 3:15 and found an eternal principle: the state of the heart affects the level of understanding! As I learned that, I started noticing it other places in the scriptures.  There are so many verses that teach this principle! Mosiah 2:9, 2 Nephi 33:1, Alma 16:16, D6C 8:2, Alma 13:4, 1 Nephi 15:3, and tons more! I would encourage you to search for them in your personal study! Anyway, if we want investigators to understand and feel the holy ghost, their hearts need to be softened first! This is done through our own efforts as missionaries, but a really good way to do it too is through the members!! Preach My Gospel Chapter 9 teaches us that exact principle! I don´t remember what page, but under "Working with Members" haha:) I never knew how important the members were in missionary work! So yeah, everybody get to work softening the hearts of your neighbors and friends so they will be able to understand the gospel and feel the spirit! This is a principle of heaven! Anyway, that´s all I´ve got for this week I think.  Love you all so much and have a great week wherever you may be! 
Elder Hart
In Lima eating american food at a mall while getting our visas.

No comments:

Post a Comment