Saturday, November 4, 2017

At the Buzzer

Dear family and friends,

If my mission were an NBA basketball game, there would be about eight seconds left in the fourth quarter.  It's crunch time! 

The Savior invites, "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men."  In what does following him consist? It's loving Him, trusting Him, entering into covenant relations with Him, learning of Him, doing His work, testifying of Him, and emulating His example.  In this time, maybe more than in any other time period of my life, I've learned more about how to follow the Savior, and have tried to follow Him to the best of my ability! I love the words, "I will make you".  He didn't say, "And you will become fishers of men," or, "in order to be fishers of men".  He promises to MAKE US fishers of men! To change us, to turn us into something that we couldn't become by ourselves! I've been able to experience that my whole life, but especially these last two years.  He has made me, or maybe is making me, into a "fisher of men," into a good missionary! There's still a long way to go, and although my full time mission is over, I know he'll continue to help me become a better missionary at home! The work is the same, in Perú and in Provo! 

I know that the Savior lives.  Such a simple phrase, but think of the enormous implications of those words!! I'll continue to follow Him for the rest of my life and look forward to participating in His work with a different responsibility! 

Thank you all for everything, I love you all so much and will see you soon!    

Love, 
Elder Tanner Hart

No comments:

Post a Comment